I have two apparently unrelated lines of Stewarts. Both my mother and my father had Stewart ancestors. This page contains links to research papers on my paternal Stewarts and related families. Go here for papers on my maternal Stewart line.
Paternal Stewarts of Ohio and Texas
My father’s paternal grandmother (who he never knew) was Emma Stewart, daughter of Moses Stewart of Ohio and Texas. Here are links to research papers on the five generations of Stewarts leading to Emma Stewart.
A chronological list of annotated records for the first three generations of my Stewart family in Pennsylvania: Stewart Family Records in Pennsylvania
- Andrew Stewart (c1695 – c1754) of Pennsylvania, a likely immigrant from Ireland
- Moses Stewart (c1722 – 28 July 1790) of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- Andrew Stewart (c1758 – 1805) of Pennsylvania and Ohio, husband of Abigail Shingledecker
- Moses Stewart Sr. (10 September 1792 – 29 November 1874) of Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Illinois, husband of Teracy Cannon
- Moses Stewart Jr. (22 June 1825 – c1903) — my great-great-grandfather, husband of Mary Jane Anderson, of Ohio and Texas,
- Jacob Shingledecker (1705 – 1767) — a research paper on a 1737 immigrant to Pennsylvania
- Jacob Shingledecker Jr. (1740-c1820) — father of Abigail who married Andrew Stewart (c1760-1805)
- In search of Teracy Cannan, wife of Moses Stewart Sr. (1792-1874)
- John Anderson (c1795 – 4 August 1858) — a paper on the husband of Rachel Munday and father of Mary Jane Anderson who married Moses Stewart Jr. (1825-c1910)
- John Munday (ca1770 – 7 September 1833) — a paper on the husband of Mary Hulse and father of Rachel Munday who married John Anderson