My Davenport connection is through a paternal great-great-grandmother, Unica Abigail Davenport, the wife of James Houston Witt of Titus County, Texas.
The basic genealogy of her Davenport ancestors was one of my early projects — first done in the late 1970s, then expanded with additional Virginia research ten years later. Although the basics of the line haven’t changed, a great deal of detail on the first three generations was added in 2001 thanks to the research of John Scott Davenport. The files below were first published in the original Bob’s Genealogy Filing Cabinet in 2001 and have been transferred to this website with only minor editing. I have done no research on this line in severeal years.
As with the other family files, each page is a biographical sketch of the individual in each generation of my ancestry.
- Davis Davenport (c1650? – before 1735) and family
- Martin Davenport (c1670? – 1735) and family
- David Davenport (c1715? – December 1802) and family
- Martin Slaughter Davenport (c1769 – 1851/2) and family
- Presley G. Davenport (c1805 – 1890) and family